Brief History

In the year 1889, a group of ardent Christians from the Canton Baptist Church founded Pui Ching School in Canton. Afterward, the founders also founded in Hong Kong and Macau two school branches.

The Hong Kong school branch was established in 1933, first solely with the primary section. The junior high section and sensor high section were respectively established in 1935 and 1940.

With the initiation of the Pacific War and the ensuing Occupation of Hong Kong in 1941, our school was forced to suspend its operations, with its land conscripted by the occupying Japanese forces. After the end of war in 1945, the Hong Kong school branch temporarily borrowed Kowloon Tong School’s site for school resumption; the school branch relocated back to the original school site in Ho Man Tin in 1946. The Hong Kong school branch was formally renamed as Hong Kong Pui Ching Middle School in 1950. During this period, the primary section was under the jurisdiction of the middle school section and the primary school ground only had 4 buildings (A, B, C and D). In 1979, the Pui Ching 90th Anniversary Memorial Hall, which is better known as Building D in present day, was inaugurated and has been used up to today.

In 1984, the school board decided to grant autonomy to both middle and primary school sections; therefore, the kindergarten and primary school sections have been registered as Pui Ching Primary School.

The reconstruction projects of primary school’s Building A and Building B were respectively completed in 1993 and 1998. The Chieng Han Chow Memorial Building was constructed in 2014 and has been used ever since.